What's new

The Daily ITK Discussion Thread - 15th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubble44

Well-Known Member
Jan 28, 2011
278
14,542
Prof said
As far as I know (which may well be much less accurate than info from other ITKs), the situation hasn’t changed. Tapsoba’s price is closer to, but not yet at, our ceiling. The van de Ven deal is ready to be finalized. Possible, but not probable to do both until an outgoing or two.
 

Ron Burgundy

SC Supporter
Jun 19, 2008
8,016
24,707
Prof said
As far as I know (which may well be much less accurate than info from other ITKs), the situation hasn’t changed. Tapsoba’s price is closer to, but not yet at, our ceiling. The van de Ven deal is ready to be finalized. Possible, but not probable to do both until an outgoing or two.
Positive. Understandable that it's taking it's time.

Would be nice to get some outgoings then, by the sound of it. Those two and Romero would give us an unbelievable CB base for years to come
 

freeeki

Arsehole.
Aug 5, 2008
11,899
70,075
Prof said
As far as I know (which may well be much less accurate than info from other ITKs), the situation hasn’t changed. Tapsoba’s price is closer to, but not yet at, our ceiling. The van de Ven deal is ready to be finalized. Possible, but not probable to do both until an outgoing or two.

If we somehow get both across the line at this point, that would excuse the absolute pissing about we all suspect our shiny-domed overlord has been doing in the past week.
 

Hotspur88

Well-Known Member
Aug 1, 2008
3,169
75,730
Prof said
As far as I know (which may well be much less accurate than info from other ITKs), the situation hasn’t changed. Tapsoba’s price is closer to, but not yet at, our ceiling. The van de Ven deal is ready to be finalized. Possible, but not probable to do both until an outgoing or two.

Echos what I've heard tbf.
 

Real_madyidd

The best username, unless you are a fucking idiot.
Oct 25, 2004
18,849
12,578
I suppose there is no point making a signing official until he can have pictures with the manager and meet his teammates. I suspect we will get someone on arrival back in the UK.
 

Reece_Spurs

Well-Known Member
Sep 10, 2011
800
5,040
Prof said
As far as I know (which may well be much less accurate than info from other ITKs), the situation hasn’t changed. Tapsoba’s price is closer to, but not yet at, our ceiling. The van de Ven deal is ready to be finalized. Possible, but not probable to do both until an outgoing or two.
In which case why wouldn't you finalise the VDV deal right now and then go for Tapsoba if and when we get some players out the door? It's not like the 2 are playing for the same club and mutually linked with some sort of double deal?

You could even argue us signing VDV now and going for Tapsoba later would slightly strengthen our stance as we won't be seeming desperate for a CB having already got one.

If the case is Tapsoba is first choice then sort out that deal first and worry about VDV later when we shift some players.

Not liking this keeping 2 players we clearly need in limbo, we are literally just waiting for other clubs to swoop in for either, can't imagine VDV is too happy right now if we've agreed everything money wise and just leaving him hanging.

Rather than hoping for both we will end up with neither.
 

Wig

Well-Known Member
May 23, 2018
2,955
11,681
In which case why wouldn't you finalise the VDV deal right now and then go for Tapsoba if and when we get some players out the door? It's not like the 2 are playing for the same club and mutually linked with some sort of double deal?

You could even argue us signing VDV now and going for Tapsoba later would slightly strengthen our stance as we won't be seeming desperate for a CB having already got one.

If the case is Tapsoba is first choice then sort out that deal first and worry about VDV later when we shift some players.

Not liking this keeping 2 players we clearly need in limbo, we are literally just waiting for other clubs to swoop in for either, can't imagine VDV is too happy right now if we've agreed everything money wise and just leaving him hanging.

Rather than hoping for both we will end up with neither.
It sounds like VDV deal is there to be done, but Tapsoba needs more negotiation. If we were happy with just either one then we would sign VDV, however my impression is that Tapsoba is the one we really want and so we don't want to settle for second best in the event we only sign one of them.

If the haggling goes well enough that our budget can stretch to sign both of them, then we're laughing
 

dellybelly

Never Tory
Aug 8, 2011
814
2,496
Keeping VDV waiting is not a good tactic. Sooner or later, someone else is going to come along and steal him or he's going to get frustrated and sign an improved contract with his current club.
 

wrd

Well-Known Member
Aug 22, 2014
13,603
58,005
Keeping VDV waiting is not a good tactic. Sooner or later, someone else is going to come along and steal him or he's going to get frustrated and sign an improved contract with his current club.

Perhaps the situation has been communicated with his team and they understand. This only works if we're going to sign both which I myself said was unlikely but should it be the case that we do believe we can get both then I would hope that at that level, they understand the nuance of the situation (his agency that is). That it won't have been communicated in the way the press has it, where he's 2nd choice.
 

E17yid

Well-Known Member
Jan 21, 2013
17,790
33,287
In which case why wouldn't you finalise the VDV deal right now and then go for Tapsoba if and when we get some players out the door? It's not like the 2 are playing for the same club and mutually linked with some sort of double deal?

You could even argue us signing VDV now and going for Tapsoba later would slightly strengthen our stance as we won't be seeming desperate for a CB having already got one.

If the case is Tapsoba is first choice then sort out that deal first and worry about VDV later when we shift some players.

Not liking this keeping 2 players we clearly need in limbo, we are literally just waiting for other clubs to swoop in for either, can't imagine VDV is too happy right now if we've agreed everything money wise and just leaving him hanging.

Rather than hoping for both we will end up with neither.
My guess is because we’re not really after both. It’s just one we’re looking to get.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top