Player Watch: Serge Aurier

Hoddle&Waddle

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2012
Messages
6,837
So inconsistent... as usual
He was completely knackered, couldn't even clear his lines.

Thought he was good last night for the full 90, but I would want to see that more over at least a 10 game period before any mention of the word consistent.
 

Masamah

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
2,110
You just can't have players that are decent (sometimes even great) 70% of a game and liabilities for the other 30%. Same goes for Sissoko. Each of them had about 3/4 howlers that we were lucky to survive. You just can't have that at this level of you want success.
 

SlumDilla

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2013
Messages
3,214
Knowing our luck, Aurier will get injured on Thursday, with only Sissoko and Dier as RB fill-ins. Tanganga's still out and Foyth banged up his knee, leaving us severely under equipped for this run in of games. Not sure if we have any one in the academy that can help fill in either.
 

Shadydan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
29,849
Knowing our luck, Aurier will get injured on Thursday, with only Sissoko and Dier as RB fill-ins. Tanganga's still out and Foyth banged up his knee, leaving us severely under equipped for this run in of games. Not sure if we have any one in the academy that can help fill in either.
Why would you wish such a thing?

Law of attraction and all that :p
 

Norgie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
1,489
I've just seen a stat on ssn that serge is third in the table for tackles during the season, really shocked me.
 

Japhet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
10,626
Did anyone else notice that stat onSky last night showing our Serge has made the 3rd highest number of successful tackles of anyone in the entire PL this (whole) season so far?

I know stats never tell the whole story, but still...
Shhhh!! You'll spoil the fun for a whole load of people pointing out stuff like that.
 

Locotoro

Prince of Zamunda
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
6,578
Knowing our luck, Aurier will get injured on Thursday, with only Sissoko and Dier as RB fill-ins. Tanganga's still out and Foyth banged up his knee, leaving us severely under equipped for this run in of games. Not sure if we have any one in the academy that can help fill in either.
Step forward Gedson
 

WiganSpur

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2012
Messages
12,239
I think we have a few more positions in the team to worry about before Serge tbh. Great, we could upgrade, but let’s get the bloody midfield sorted first.
Agreed, we need another option to compete with him though. If they're better than him then great.
 

Tucker

Nerd
Joined
Jul 15, 2013
Messages
9,842
I wouldn’t be surprised to see us move him on if there’s interest. We need a better right back as it is, get him out and get Aarons in.
 

BringBack_leGin

Audere est facere
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
21,799
If we can get him to Monaco and upgrade (be warned, not as easy as everyone seems to think) that’d be a nice unexpected surprise.

I personally reckon we’ll see him sign a new deal and be here next season competing with Walker-Peters, rejuvenated off the back of a good end of season.
 

wirE

Ein trener ich nicht ein idiot
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
2,651
Personally I want to keep him for another season. He’s proven better under Mourinho imo
 

Ben1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2015
Messages
1,374
He's a far better player than Aarons. Don't think there's a more over-rated player in the league.
 
Top